Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In Bloom: Holynde

It's certainly been awhile since I updated my little dog and pony show that I call a blog. Miss me? Well I was busy jetting back and forth between home and New York for a hugely important interview, for a position that I would lucky to land. I won't say much more because this never was intended to be about me, but I'm quite excited.

However, in the world of new faces it is certainly an exciting time. Agencies are starting to rearrange their boards after last season's shows and campaign bookings, and new faces are being signed and prepped for their runway debuts in September. One of my favorite new signings as of late is certainly Holynde from Richard's Models in Vancouver, who was recently placed with Ford in New York. Holynde is strong and angular with those very poignant Amanda Laine-esque eyebrows, and has a body that just does not seem to quit (read: check out her abs!).



(all images courtesy of Richard's Models)

Oh man, there is just such an incredible and yet quite intensity in Holynde's face that I find really resonates with me. This contrast between natural charm and stoic features should certainly serve Holynde well, especially since Ford seems to be on the rise again. I have no idea how she'll do come September, but at 5'11" and with 32-25-34.5 measurements, I would certainly book her for quite a few directional shows if I was in the position. And considering that she's Canadian, I'm sure Holynde would look right at home on a Rad Hourani runway in the future.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back and once again fixating on my favorite hobbie (besides chain-smoking).

No comments: