Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Dangerously Cute Amy Post

So, what can you say about SPS Model Management's Amy Post? She's that sweet and innocent type of cute that's laced with enough poison behind her eyes to eternally keep your attention. Generally speaking, 'cute' rarely does it for me. There has to be something extra to that aesthetic to really enrapture me, and like I said, Amy certainly possesses that. I came across her portfolio early this morning, only to realize that I had seen one her images used in a graphic on O2W (and a quick bit of appreciation for all the impeccable work that they do over there). Well apparently I was behind the times were Ms. Post is concerned as she received another mention on their page today. Take a look:


(images courtesy of O2W)

Now, as much as I would love to take credit for this description of Amy, no one other than Julio would be able to come up with such a fitting analogy: "Quite an expressive range, and she's build like a runaway teen who discovers she has mutant superpowers." Was that a Runaways reference hidden under there? Truth be told, she does have that strong and innocent combination that Joss Whedon seems to find so powerful. Anyhow, take a peak at the rest of her emotive range:


(images courtesy of SPS Model Management)

Amy just proves that when a girl just has something, you're willing to look past, and eventually evolve your own personal aesthetic preferences. I for one cannot wait to see what is in store for young Amy in the future.

No comments: