Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fresh Faced: Paulina Szulda

You have to hand it to the modeling industry for continuing to keep things fresh, season after season. Just when you might have thought that Next was going to continue force feeding us Catherine McNeil fever, they bounce back to expertly deliver Abbey Lee Kershaw and Karmen Pedaru last season. Oh, and they bought out Karlie Kloss' contract from Elite. So it should be no surprise that I've been looking to see which of their new faces would leave me waiting for September. Well that girl just so happens to be the incredible Polish beauty, Paulina Szulda from Gaga Models.


(all images courtesy of Next's PhotoASP)

There's something enchanting about the way Paulina's perfectly bow-shaped lips mimic the angles of her strong jawline. Combine that with those piercing, moody blue eyes, and her 5'1o" frame and 33-24-35 measurements, and Paulina could very well be one of the most promising new faces at Next this moment. Also, thank god some agencies are still providing these basic digitals for first impressions. I know I mentioned this before, but I obviously prefer to see beauty in the raw before I have to see it airbrushed to all hell. It also makes a transformation like this below, all the more impressive.



Well I for one am entirely sold on Paulina's potential. Plus, I cannot help but think that Paulina would look right at home on the Jil Sander runways. Hopefully the next few months will be friendly to Paulina's development, because she certainly has all the raw goods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fresh face and strong features,
one of my beloved combination of the moment !!!

Thanks for introducing me
I'm already loving this blog :)
xxx

Michael said...

Aw, thanks for the kind word Maud. I'm so happy to see that you are behind Paulina as well. She really does have that rare combination of intense features and still a very youthful look. <3