Wednesday, March 19, 2008

In Bloom: Ryan

By far, one of my favorite features in a model is androgyny. Generally I prefer that those features show in their face, but I suppose I'm still gullible enough to fall for a girl with a boy's name. So it goes without saying that I would feature a girl named Ryan from Folio in Montreal. Not only that, but this latest Canadian import just debuted on the DNA website today. Given my new fascination with wider faces on models, Ryan is coming across very bookable to me. Those wide cheekbones perfectly offset her luminous blue eyes, and intense stare.



(all images courtesy of Folio and DNA)

What impresses me thus far about Ryan, is her ability to give a varied and yet suitable range of expressions in her face, so early in her career. Her above photos are strong and crisp enough to make her future on the runways look quite promising, well that and her 5'10" frame and 34-24.5-35 measurements. Speaking of which, was that Ryan who shot the Rad Hourani Look Book? I mean clearly that's a Rad Hourani look in the third image above. If anyone knows, I would love confirmation.

Anyhow, her softer shots demonstrate Ryan's porcelain skin and bright eyes, making her a strong candidate for beauty editorials in the future.



The question is now, whether DNA can keep her career focused on the luxury, editorial markets because some of her more commercial shots (while nice to building a portfolio) seem to be selling Ryan a little short of her potential. I strongly believe that DNA will be coming back into their own next season, and hopefully Ryan will be at the head of the class. Well, either her or Lizelot Rippen if the partnership between Viva and DNA remains as strong as it has been.

No comments: