Friday, March 14, 2008

Raising Arizona Muse

I'm not the first, and I doubt I will be the last, to make that play on words where Next's Arizona Muse is concerned. In fact, I believe there was already an editorial done with her under the same title as this post. Then again, with a model moniker as great as 'Arizona' (real name Zoe Muse), the clever titles are inevitable.

If the truth be told, what initially drew me to this girl actually was the flower-power name, and that 90's vibe of course. Even though Arizona is not as inherently unconventional as some of my other favorites, she certainly possesses one of my favorite qualities: attitude. She has that particular look in her eyes that spells trouble; and I love that devious stare.



(all images courtesy of Red 11)

No, it's certainly not the same Cher Horowitz feeling that Kori Richardson evokes, but Airzona's appeal is somewhere between Heathers and Jawbreaker, with an Ali Larter twist. Regardless of how you chalk it up, this native of Santa Fe, New Mexico, seems to be doing something right, as she has already shot for the latest issue of French Revue de Modes:


(image scanned for me by alix* at tFS)

The more I look at Arizona, the more I wonder if I've mistaken some of her free-spirited appeal for devious, when its in fact an abundance of confidence. After all, for someone so fresh in the industry, Arizona is beginning to look like a seasoned professional. Keep up the good work, because it looks like Arizona might be ready for big things come S/S 09.

No comments: