Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Supreme Shifts

Do I really need to preface this post with another explanation of why I appreciate the branding and concise image of the models at Supreme Management? I thought not. Anyhow, the first part of this post is more of an update where Joice Maria Monback is concerned. I've been anxiously awaiting the chance to see how she photographs under Paul Rowland's direction, and I could not be happier with the results:


(all images courtesy of Supreme)

Joice comes across beautifully serene and emotive, and yet those bright amber colored eyes give her an unforeseen feline twist.What's more surprising to me are the recent shifts occurring on their board. It's always disappointing when a girl is dropped, and today five faces disappeared from the website (though I would highly doubt that any of their careers are close to over). However, in more surprising news, one of last season's breakout stars, Martha Streck made her debut on the Supreme board. I for one had always imagined that she would go to Women, but after seeing her polaroids, I completely understand the decision. It's all about the intensity in her eyes and the way Martha embraces her fiery locks.



Long live the unique Brazilian girl. Years after Gisele came and invented the Brazilian bombshell, and the Supreme triplets of Carolina, Caroline and Daiane challenged that concept to its very core, I find it refreshing to see that Brazil still has plenty of new takes on beauty to present to the world. And with the new vacancies on the Supreme board, its only a matter of time until even more intelligent takes on beauty will be presented (Willamijn Koppelman for one, and perhaps Dasha Bichevina?). More than anything, I look forward to even more polamania on the Supreme front. Cheers!

ETA: I stand somewhat corrected. Or at least I'm hypothesizing that something different happened. First off, the point of this blog is not to gossip. However, I did make mention that five girls were "dropped" by Supreme, by which I meant they were no longer on the website. After some sleuthing with Vicky, I came to discover that they all shared the same booker. Given the buzz about this new super-agency looming, I suppose we'll be seeing them soon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

martha is so stunning and fresh!
add your blog
x

Anonymous said...

martha is fantastic!